Play on iPhone & iPad

Suggestions - CROWDSTAR PLEASE READ - getting very bored :(

Talk about Fish With Attitude!

Suggestions - CROWDSTAR PLEASE READ - getting very bored :(

Postby Moonstone » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:04 pm

I have some suggestions to help improve this game, I'm starting to get very bored with the same event structures and LEs all of the time (even though I love seeing the new creations, its still very monotonous) Are you out of ideas to keep this game fresh and interesting??

Now I agree with others.... More tanks ARE needed - I don't hoard fish but with all these LEs popping up, I am now running out of room, I would also like to keep both rare and normal varieties as well as LEs.

Make limited edition fish neutral likes/dislikes - still can earn coins, be trained, dig and get hungry and still have their special toy and 100% tank decor to be ecstatic but no likes and dislikes of other Fish. With only 6 spots available in each tank, it's not easy at all to fit them in with other fish especially when several LEs like the same fish (I'm not asking for an extremely easy game but not so difficult that it requires re breeding for every fish just to fit a limited edition in)

Butterfly fish - really would love to see this, not an event critter though, maybe another LE..... My birthday is coming up, can release a new LE for that LOL :lol: (just finding any excuse to get one :lol:)

Improve the odds of getting the fish especially for the LEs, I know it's all about luck but so many miss out and then so many get several duplicates, needs to be more fair for all.

More quests please - I am so bored of the events, they drag on for way too long! I don't even want to participate in them anymore, would love to see something different with this game like treasure hunt quests for special high % decor or special critters prizes - no time limits, players work towards the goals at their own pace (that way you can also throw in a normal event as well)
Eg mini quests - dig with Nice fish 50 times receive decor, Find 100 tires get 30 pearls, breed 100 adventure fish receive a new limited edition fish etc

OR

major quests lists - sell 30 funny fish, find 40 forks, sell 40 paparazzi fish (only breeding for them counts), dig in 30 friends tanks to receive a major prize or a rare critter (whale, mermaid, starfish, octopus etc) or even prize packs like the event prizes (backgrounds, sands, critters, decor, pearls etc)

New decor is definitely a must, the current stuff in the store (and what is available to dig up) has gotten so boring, especially when every tank has the same stuff.

Ability to gift to more that 3 people per day - so unfair picking who deserves a pearl and who doesn't each day - should be rewarding players for inviting others to play and its great incentive to keep them interested long enough to be too invested that they won't want to delete it.

Start saving the game on your server - Crowdstars newest game (Mermaid World) saves on their server so you can play the same game and save all progress on several devices (quite handy for when you can't take your iPad everywhere) Can't this game be reconfigured to be the same??
Moonstone :)

Volunteer Moderator
Fish with attitude, Mermaid World & Mermaid World Stories

The mind is like an umbrella. It functions best when open!
Moonstone

Macintosh Safari

Re: Suggestions - CROWDSTAR PLEASE READ - getting very bored

Postby Death_Unbalanced » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:19 pm

I agree 100%!!

These are great ideas and I think they would make wonderfull additions to the game.

I agree most of all with the tanks, LE's not having likes and dislikes and most of all the events and quests she suggested. I think having more than 1 type of event is a good idea.

And I really think that there should be a Butterfly fish for Moonstone!!
She has done so much to help keep the forums clean and well as helping players not only on the forums here but also on Facebook!
She even selflessly entered other players in the Penguin event who could not log into the forums to enter on their own!
She is a vital asset to this forum and to the players of this game.
I think a reward like a Butterfly fish for her Birthday is a wonderful idea. :D

And if you do one I would name it Moonstone to start off with. :D
Volunteer Moderator
Mermaid World Stories & Mermaid World
---------------------------
Beware The Weeping Angels.

Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe.
Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink.
Death_Unbalanced

Windows XP Internet Explorer 7

Postby Thanh Tran » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Yes. Please make the LE fish without like/dislike and WON'T TAKE A TANK SPOT (work as the event creature). So we can save a lot of tank spaces. Right now we have 18 or 19 LE fish, that takes about 3 tanks.
Thanh Tran

Windows Vista Internet Explorer 9

Postby sean32817 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:41 pm

Moonstone wrote:Now I agree with others.... More tanks ARE needed - I don't hoard fish but with all these LEs popping up, I am now running out of room, I would also like to keep both rare and normal varieties as well as LEs.

Definite agree there - duplicate fish are unavoidable due to like/dislikes, especially with LE fish.

Make limited edition fish neutral likes/dislikes - still can earn coins, be trained, dig and get hungry and still have their special toy and 100% tank decor to be ecstatic but no likes and dislikes of other Fish. With only 6 spots available in each tank, it's not easy at all to fit them in with other fish especially when several LEs like the same fish (I'm not asking for an extremely easy game but not so difficult that it requires re breeding for every fish just to fit a limited edition in)[/quote]

Double ditto on that one. Since the drop rate on LEs is so low they do need to have neutral like/dislike as otherwise that forces folks to have to have duplicate fish to accommodate them.

More quests please - I am so bored of the events, they drag on for way too long! I don't even want to participate in them anymore, would love to see something different with this game like treasure hunt quests for special high % decor or special critters prizes - no time limits, players work towards the goals at their own pace (that way you can also throw in a normal event as well)
Eg mini quests - dig with Nice fish 50 times receive decor, Find 100 tires get 30 pearls, breed 100 adventure fish receive a new limited edition fish etc

Another good suggestion - quests/achievements to give some focus, especially those of us who've hit the tank cap.

major quests lists - sell 30 funny fish, find 40 forks, sell 40 paparazzi fish (only breeding for them counts), dig in 30 friends tanks to receive a major prize or a rare critter (whale, mermaid, starfish, octopus etc) or even prize packs like the event prizes (backgrounds, sands, critters, decor, pearls etc)

I'd shy away from making the quests/achievements friend specific since not everyone has friends who play this game - my wife is the only person I know who plays.

New decor is definitely a must, the current stuff in the store (and what is available to dig up) has gotten so boring, especially when every tank has the same stuff.

Variety is the spice of life.

Good stuff Moon!
sean32817

Windows 7 Firefox

Postby Moonstone » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:51 pm

Thanks Sean!! I should have specified that the "dig in 30 friends tanks" could be the same friend 30 times or 30 different friends.... But it's just an example of what they could do with their quest lists - the bigger the prize, the bigger the list...

Thanks for the support guys, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks these ideas would make the game more fun :) I just hope the developers think so too (and that they get past on to the developers...)
Moonstone

Macintosh Safari

Postby Ontherocks » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:07 pm

I also agree, I love the fish but am beginning to find the game monotonous. I jumped on board with another crowd star game but find it so similar that it even seems monotonous. I think Moonstone and others have solid ideas to "freshen" the game up! I find mt fish quite entertaining but am not as enthusiastic a I was a few months back when I started ( a lot of this is due to my inability to breed several of the LE's I feel like what's the point) I'm all for some spice!!
Ontherocks

Macintosh Mozilla

Postby Debzzz50!!! » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:55 pm

Ok, yes, yes and yes to everything.
Debzzz50!!!

Macintosh Safari

Postby Addicted2fish » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:06 pm

100% agree on all points. I played mermaid world for one day and deleted it. I'm so bored with the decor from here I couldn't stomach seeing it in another game. We need incentive to keep playing and spread the word to friends. This 3 pearls a day ain't cutting it! Had to buy the last 3 le's despite 4 breeding tanks trying for them. I want to love this game for a very long time . I don't want to be bored, frustrated and jump ship. Please listen to moonstone!!!!!!! Please please please !!!!
Addicted2fish

Macintosh Mozilla

Postby Aerafel » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm

These are great suggestions!

If they don't make the LE's neutral then it would be nice if the LE fish could like each other, especially the ones that come out in pairs. I gave up trying to get the holiday LE into tanks to make them ecstatic and just put them all in the same tank.

Along with more decor, perhaps they could make the odds of getting the mysterious ultra rare decor slightly better - I have never dug up any item that is ultra rare and I'm very sick of using the large seaweed to get the higher tanks to 100%

Events and Limited Edition fish need to be spread out more - I find all these back to back events/LE disruptive to my trying to play the game and breed the fish I need to complete my tanks. I don't even really try to participate in the events any more, just have one or two tanks breeding for whatever pearls I get. The LE fish are very frustrating, they definitely should have better breeding odds.
Aerafel

Windows 7 Firefox

Postby Raging_Phoenix » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:22 pm

YES!!! I agree with everything here except one thing...

Moonstone wrote:major quests lists - sell 30 funny fish, find 40 forks, sell 40 paparazzi fish (only breeding for them counts), dig in 30 friends tanks to receive a major prize or a rare critter (whale, mermaid, starfish, octopus etc) or even prize packs like the event prizes (backgrounds, sands, critters, decor, pearls etc)

The only thing wrong here is the digging in friends tanks. Many of us don't have Facebook OR don't use it. I use my brothers but don't have any friends on the account that play the game AND he only allows me to use it to send Cat his ID Number so I can get the prize if I win a contest, so in that way, it really wouldn't be fair as EVERYONE would want something. Really everything else is great. (I'm Male and I like Butterflies, there are many of them around my house and they hang around, really colourful and beautiful, Butterfly Fish would be awesome!)
Raging_Phoenix

Macintosh Chrome

Next

Return to Feedback & Discussion